Monday, November 17, 2008

Family Pictures- the saga continues

I am directing this post to all of you who harbored any sympathy for Malik when he gave his yearly rant about having to take family pictures. I ask you, "Does this look like the face of someone that deserves your sympathy?"


Now you may be say "But its only one picture. I'm sure there are better ones." Let me assure you that this IS the good one. This was just one of many pictures taken where Malik down right refused to smile. He usually takes off his glasses to avoid the glare and he didn't even do that. And as further evidence of my husband's stubborness I have included a Hamilton Family Picture taken back in the day. I should have seen the writing on the wall.



Needless to say, I was a bit miffed at my beloved husband over the whole family picture ordeal. He calls it "the worst day of the year" and I quote. Talk about drama queen shall we? Lets take a poll. Who thinks that Malik should have to retake family pictures as punishment for his behavior/attitude this year? Maybe one day I will look back and laugh about it.... not anytime soon I promise you.



In general the Hamilton pictures were a bust (sorry for wasting your time Aunt Crystal and your money Mamanita). There were a couple of funny shots of Parker though that I wanted to share and some good ones of Miles and Zipporah too.








7 comments:

Stephen and Heather said...

You guys crack me up. I noticed that Malik is the only one not smiling in his family picture from way back when. Why is it so hard to get good family pictures? I think that your kids are cute though so not a total bust.

Amber said...

Well Melissa you have my vote. I think he should have to retake the pictures and at least try and fake a smile. He should do it for his wife and for the mother of his 4 children if for nothing else.

Jessica said...

I think you kids look way cute, and I agree, that would be a fitting punishment. I figure, its one picture, you can smile for at least one!! Good Luck.

Danielle said...

I do vote that Malik should have to do family pictures again. I think it's pretty hilarious though! I think they turned out pretty cute though. Give me a call or email me sometime and we can get together since you're so close! daniellewootton@gmail.com

Scott and Amme said...

The pictures are adorable--of the kids and you. Come on, Malik. Do you really want that staring you in the face for a whole year? Let's see those pearly whites!! RETAKES! RETAKES!

Camille said...

I love the song, "the Promise." Takes me back to the days of college. Aahh. I must agree.... that was a poor trick to play on picture day. Sadly, it looks like Miles picked up a bit of it in the second picture. But, that is great shot of him on the last picture! Cute family, despite the lack of a smiling father. Now, in all fairness, after following the whole story, I busted up when I saw Malik's face. I can appreciate that it is not amusing to you, but hope someday it might be. One year, Louis gave me grief by refusing to dress up, (we wore matching USU sweats), and refusing to shave his beard. He shaved it off the day after pictures. I was not amused.

Unknown said...

Louis is my new hero and eBFF! If I could only grow a beard!

There will be no more pictures this year. It's RSV season and Jonah could get sick.

P.S. Me Wif neglected to mention that first for extended family pictures everything stunk because my bro in law got unavoidably delayed and was late getting back for pictures and little kids were crying all over the place but then it was too late for individual family pictures. So these pictures that you see now were DAY 2 (I wish you could capatilize a number) and that there was much yelling, screaming, fighting, and crying done trying to get kids ready AGAIN for pictures and in the ensuing battle I got a roundhouse punch to the face from Miles that completely bent my glasses up (okay I did wear them in the picture in the hopes that they would look completely crooked but that is beside the point). I don't understand why family pictures can't be fun. I don't understand why I have to deal with all of the other CRAP! And just so you know the other family picture was a similar crappy day where I had to drive all over town changing my clothes because while I was gone changing the first time my family decided to change what they were wearing. Something else happened that night too but I don't remember what. Not to mention that my little neice was tired and cranky and crying and they were trying to bribe her to take the pictures.

If women are so smart they'll come up with a way to make family pictures an enjoyable experience. Otherwise, they should be happy with what they get - frowns, beards, and sweats to boot!