Friday, September 5, 2008

Moving Day - So Stinkin' Awesome

Yes that is right today is moving day. We found a place in Orem this week and I resisted the urge to make the elderly lady who is one of our landlords work through the night cleaning and painting so that I could move in it the next day. So tonight is the night.

Actually tomorrow morning is the night but we will be packing the moving van tonight. Which shouldn't take more than an hour or so. Melissa and I might not be the best at much but we ROCK when it comes to moving. She packs and I supervise the Elder's Quoroum movers!!! Seriously though everytime we've moved we've had all the boxes stacked in a central location so with the exception of removing heavy furniture (which we usually have in a central location as well) those who come to help us move never have to go further than into the one room. This time around 90% of the stuff is in the garage so they won't even need to go in the house except for big stuff!!! So Stinkin' Awesome! (I think I'll have that put on our headstones: Here Lie Malik and Melissa Hamilton They Were So Stinkin' Awesome.) Maybe I should start another blog and call it So Stinkin' Awesome and compete head-to-head with Seriously, So Blessed what do you think?



Here is our new So Stinkin' Awesome house! The house looks like that but the yard doesn't. The place has had a bunch of twenty-something guys living in it (three of them I think) and they weren't exactly landscape architects. I think the front lawn is still grass and with some constant watering and a good spring thaw it will look so...(I won't say) it will look good. The backyard which is weird in and of itself (we'll post pictures soon) is nothing but weeds. Thankfully though the landlord is aware of that and won't think that we killed it. (Been there done that!)

The kids' new school Geneva Elementary is about one-half mile from the house. And if it weren't for the busy street they would have to cross we might let them walk to school by themselve eventually. It still might work because Zipporah is pretty responsible (when she isn't letting Miles lead her astray) and Miles has plenty of practice crossing busy streets. (I'll blog about his recent adventure later. Suffice it to say that Edith Bowen Elementary and the USU Police are probably glad that Miles is moving!)

Well I'd better get off to my So Stinkin' Awesome job (that one was for you too Lissacakes). As far as an update on that front my official answer to the question "Have you decided to apply for the job?" is, "Yes, I have." The official answer to the question, "Are you going to apply for the job?" is, "I'm still thinking it over." Basically I'm trying to focus on getting through this first week of school and getting my family moved and I don't want there to be any distractions. Also I think the last person on campus has asked me if I'm going to apply and so maybe the chatter about it is over. I'm thinking about starting a rumor that I'm applying for a position that opened outside of the kitchen (which I can't really do because I haven't worked for BYU for a year yet - I have been granted special permission to apply for the open Chef's position, if I want to.)

Thank you to everyone who helped with our faith experiment. Seriously I got emails from people I don't even know and don't know who they got the email from. That is So....
I'm sure I've quoted it before but I'm going to quote it again, "I worship a big God!" (Facing The Giants!) Take care y'all and we'll see you in Orem!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Congrats on the new place. We will miss you guys. It was fun to see you the other night. Jonah is adorable, and I hope that all goes well for your family. It really is awesome!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I hope all goes well for ya'll with the move. We sure will miss seeing your family around town.

Tawnya said...

Congratulations on the house!! That really is...well...so stinken awesome!