So with all of the chaos of the week it would seem that I get to be the one to break the news to the world. On Thursday afternoon Jonah Nisan Hamilton was discharged from Logan Regional Hospital's Women and Newborn Center. To complete the family (temporarily) I (Malik) came home on Saturday after work to see him for the first time outside of a hospital and for 36 hours or so we are a complete family! All be it a semi-homeless family.
Ninety-five percent of the house is now packed up and in the garage or packed up and shipped out to Deseret Industries (Thrift Store) or the dump! It was kind of a awkward reunion at least from my point-of-view. First off, I have an over active imagination so I had in my mind what the entire scene would look like. I, of course, forgot to remove all the furniture from my vision and move the family in to a makeshift camp on the floor of someone else's house. Top that off with the fact that Miles and Zipporah were watching a movie and barely had time to raise their heads in acknowledgement of my existence. Thank God for Parker though. He was the only one (and generally is always the only one) who met my expectations. True to form my little peanut came running up to me arms wide open.
In other news...
Yes, we are still homeless. I have for the last two or three weeks looked at apartments, condos, duplexes, etc. to no avail. I have been rejected for two or three housing units that I have looked at, I've had my phone messages unanswered, and I have become intimate friends with mapquest as I have navigated my way across Utah Valley. I have looked at housing from American Fork to Payson
So I don't know what to say about our housing situation. At this point options are slim. We are still hopeful that Sterling's home will sell and I understand that he's had some nibbles on the hook. But even if his doesn't sell soon there is no reason to try and sell ours. If noone is going to rent to us then our options become family in Logan Dad in Provo. Haven't figured the last half of that out yet either. Right now, I think everyone knows this, I am staying with Melissa's uncle Ron and his family. They are good people and I've been very appreciative. But I don't think they are looking for a long-term tenant. I've got some ideas on sleeping arrangements for me and I reckon I'd best be looking into them.
More hapiness about Jonah. He's a good baby. I think he's a little fussy but Melissa says that they are just cute baby noises. If she thinks they're so cute she should stop kicking me in the night to go soothe him. I think I've already been more involved with Jonah then I was with Parker when he came home. Melissa had Parker right next to her side of the bed and always took care him. Now she's got Jonah at the foot of the bed and is nudging me out of it to get him. I was pretty involved with the twins but got spoiled with Parker. With all of Jonah's special needs I might just stay in Provo every weekend I'm not working. LOL!
We talked about having more kids in the future and making the count six. 3 boys and 3 girls would be good, of course, 4 boys and 1 girl might be too much. Honestly when I say we I mean Zipporah and I. Melissa acts like she's not interested but she isn't allowing any steps to be taken to permanently prevent it from happening. Well abstinence but nothing other than that. There are really only two reasons to have more children. 1) to see if the next one (or two) will be girls. 2) to see if the last one will be white. Seriously I think each kid we have is progressively getting lighter in skin tone. I think by six we could conceive a white baby! :-D LOL That will give people something to talk about.
So a quick last ramble before Task Master Marx puts me to work (she's always a Marx when she's mean because the Hamilton's are such quiet, gentle, and loving people. She's also always a Marx when she's in trouble again because the Hamilton's always do right, and are practically perfect in every way [hold on a second while I go kick this stray in the back yard so I'm not translated and taken up into Heaven in a twinkling of an eye] I'm back stupid poodles!)
Ah work, everyday I think upon the question, "Do you like your job?" I've determined that I do not think of the job in those terms. I can't. A very good sales rep told me that you can't take it personal or it will eat you up inside. But for me it is nearly impossible not to take it personal. But I took a sous chef position partly so that I didn't have to be in charge. It does frustrate me when I see no seasoning going into a recipe, or when it's "prohibited" to rub garlic on a roast. But I'm trying to stay as detached as possible. This isn't my final destination it's just a stop for rest and repairs. I'll be cowboying up again soon, I'm sure.
Well I have received my debriefing and marching orders from the Task Master and so I'd best be off. Thanks to K. Bruce Nelson for the idea below.

560 Acres Surrounded By Reality
1 comment:
I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier but my dad lives in that area. (Springville) Maybe he knows of an apartment or something that is for rent. I will get ahold of him and get back to you.
Anyway, I am so glad that Jonah is home and everyone is adjusting. Let us know if we can help.
Post a Comment