That's right, today Jonah turned two months old! Sometimes preemies are referred to by their adjusted age and in that case he would be 38 weeks (and still need a couple more weeks in the oven). So how did we celebrate this momentous day? Well, Zipporah and Miles alternated with playing and fighting all day long. Parker was sick with an upset tummy and the runs and kept telling Mom to "Hold you". Jonah slept, ate and pooped and not necessarily in that order. Mom just tried to keep it all together without much success. I really don't want Jonah to get sick his first week home but how do you keep a whining two year old away from his Mommy?
Tomorrow morning we have an appointment with the pediatrician that is scheduled as a newborn/2 month visit. Jonah will get the once over including but not limited to: weight, height and head circumference, possible vaccines and he may also get his circumcision (ouch!) So tomorrow could be a rough morning for the little guy. I'm a little worried that his weight won't be enough and I'll get the bad Mom reprimand. I should be giving him (2) fortified bottles a day and a nasty vitamin drop with iron but I have a hard time planning for the bottle when breastfeeding is always there and ready and I haven't picked up the vitamin because I forgot the insurance info and pharmacies don't like to give stuff away. So hopefully the doctor visit goes ok. I have to take Parker along because I can't ask friends to watch a sick kid even though if I made Parker an appointment they would most likely say that its a virus and to wait it out. (I do always worry about West Nile since the mosquitoes seem to love the taste of my kids)
I feel that I need to address some of Malik's post material and possibly censor some of his ramblings in the future. :) He talks about having six children. I say that is only because he isn't currently living with the four that he has. If he will rewind back to May when he was the stay-at-home mom then he would remember how challenging three was for him. I love my kids and I admit that I love babies but its like with puppies... they grow up into dogs (or in this case six year olds who spend all day fighting, whining, ignoring etc.) I have yet to learn the patience lesson that is required for four children so I will hold off on creating more of them. Enough of our family planning.........
So I am the task master? He says this jokingly but I'm sure he does feel this way lately. I just see all the STUFF that is involved with moving and getting our house ready and its just overwhelming to me. I came home from the hospital and found boxes reading "Upstairs Bathroom- Sorry Mom" and this was Malik's attempt at packing. I wanted to cry (and in fact did cry that first night home). I am finding it hard to be in a state of transition for so long. I see a list of things that need to be done and try to do them. Malik would like to come home and spend a relaxing weekend with the family. I would love nothing more BUT the list won't go away by itself!!!
Well enough of that. We are happy to have Jonah home but the timing of our summer has been a little off. Pray for us to find a home in Utah County so that we really can be "Together at Last".
4 comments:
Melissa, I wish I were there to help you. I can only imagine how you are feeling. Moving is stressful under normal circumstances and with little Jonah it has to be so hard. Don't be afraid to ask people to help you. There are times and seasons in our lives... sometimes we give and sometimes we NEED to take. And we can do so knowing that in other seasons we have been and will be the ones that give. You are such an amazing person and I admire you for all you do. I know I'm far away but if there's anything I can do please let me know. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Melissa, Hey it's Kalli....Mark and I are down here in orem, please let us know if we can do anything to help you! There are a couple of houses for sale/rent on our street (that describes every street in Ut county right now) We can always watch the kiddies if you and Malik want to look at house's together sometime :)
Love you baby Jonah! You are so cute!
Melissa, I am happy to help, if you need me. Please call, I can help get kids to and from school, or watch Parker while they are in school, whatever is needed!
Post a Comment