Monday, April 28, 2008

23 Weeks and Counting

Things seemed to be rolling along pretty well until Sunday night when we had some backsliding. Over a 12 hour period I lost quite a bit of fluid and blood which understandably cause me a great deal of worry and stress. I began to prepare myself for the worst which in my cause is preterm labor and loss of the baby. I called the hospital for some advice and was told that without signs of labor all they could do was keep me for observation. Gratefully I have yet to show any signs of infection or preterm labor so I decided to wait it out on the couch for the rest of the night. It was a long night to say the least.

At my appointment today the ultrasound showed little to no fluid (not suprising after all that I lost). However, there were some positive things about the visit too. The baby still has a strong heartbeat and is growing on schedule- even ahead of schedule by one week! My cervix does not appear to be dialilating and she doesn't think that the bleeding was caused by the placenta detaching (something I was worried about). We are scheduled to come back next week and re-evaluate where we are at. Hospital bedrest is an option but my doctor feels that there are actually more germs and risk for infection at the hospital than at home. She didn't order strict bedrest but after my scare Sunday night I have put myself on bedrest. It is proving to be the hardest thing ever..... anybody know any good books? :o) We are just happy and grateful to still be pregnant and continuing on this journey.

love ya, Melissa

1 comment:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I have an extensive collection of books that you are welcome to borrow. :) Our prayers are with your family.
--Shauntae
PS-Austin is in the same soccer league as your twins...I wonder if they'll play against each other soon?
PPS-Email me at nsdraper at yahoo dot com so that I can add you to the readers list on our private blog. :)