Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dancing, Soccer and Baby Animals

Hello all! Malik helped me to switch over to a blog spot account since it seemed a lot less technical and complicated than the program that he was using. I have been wanting to post some recent pictures of the kids also and couldn't use the other site without his constant help.

Zipporah has been involved in a Latin dance group from her school. I have been volunteering with the group and have enjoyed learning the dances with her. The group recently performed for a local retirement home and the family got to see her dance. They are doing an assembly for their school on Cinco de Mayo and a performance for Mother's Day also. She enjoys going to dance most of the time and loves when they get to dance in the big skirts.
Both Zipporah and Miles have been involved in recreational soccer this spring. There are 8 kids on the team and they play 1-2 times a week through April and May. Most of the kids are beginners so there is a lot of huddling around the ball but I think they are learning some basics and having fun. Malik has taken them out a couple times to try and hone some skills. I told Malik that once he yells "Be Aggressive" from the sidelines then I am pretending not to know him. Zipporah actually got popped in the nose during a game last week giving her a bloody nose. We convinced her to go back in later and she scored a goal! Miles has also been able to score a couple of goals which is fun.





Our latest family adventure was taking the kids to Jensen Historical Farm for Baby Animal Days. Aunt Karen came up from Salt Lake to be with us. I have taken the twins a few times and wanted to give Parker the same experience. (something I call Mom guilt= not wanting the younger children to feel neglected) Parker didn't disappoint in his excitement for the animals. He really seemed natural riding a horse and wasn't afraid of any of the animals.



Last but not least the updated baby news.... My latest appointment didn't reveal anything new. Fluid levels are still low but the baby is developing on schedule. We are basically hanging out until 24 weeks when we will make a "plan" concerning what to do next. My doctor is trying to reach the surgeons at Primary Children's in SLC to determine when is the earliest they would consider operating for gastrochisis. There is no point in being in Salt Lake if they won't operate until later. It still blows my mind that I am talking about delivering this baby!!!!
An increasing number of people I talk with are amazed that I am not on bed rest already and it makes me question why myself? Not that I want to be bedridden, but I am becoming more nervous the closer that we get to 24 weeks. I know that God has been watching out for us and I want to do everything in MY power to give this baby a chance. I have tried to "cut back" my activities, but really how realistic is that with three kids? I'm not doing very good at the cut back thing and I feel fine physically so its hard to convince myself to slow down. But then again most people on bed rest feel fine... that's why bed rest is a precaution not a cure.
I wish that I were at 38 weeks complaining about backaches and heartburn and the likes. I really do enjoy being pregnant and now that the baby is moving a lot it is fun. I keep trying to let the kids feel the baby move but every time Miles tries, she stops kicking. (He isn't the most patient kid in the world either so that doesn't help) Parker puts his hand on my belly and then says "done". I am trying hard to appreciate all of these little things. Thanks for thinking of us and keeping us in your prayers.




No comments: