Jonah had his 18 mo. checkup this week. Technically he is 19 mo. already but we were behind on his vaccine schedule and had to wait until after the holidays for his next round of shots. Here are the numbers....
Weight 23.46 lb 18%tile
Height 32.5 in 57%tile
Head 19.7 in 95%tile
So he is a growing boy with a big head. :) We have been so blessed to have Jonah remain healthy. We do try and take precautions to keep him away from sickness, but I must admit that I'm not as vigilant as I should be.
As far as developmental delays, we have noticed a few with Jonah. He didn't get teeth until he was almost one and he is just now starting to say beginner words. This may be because he was a preemie or it may just be because he is different from my other kids. I haven't checked into any of the programs that they have for developmentally delayed kids because I'm waiting to see what happens. And besides he really isn't that far behind.
Jonah's first word was "light" (or a close version). He also says "bye" and "ma" and "die" (which the kids think is hilarious). Even though he doesn't say much he is signing some. He can sign: more, done, milk, water, banana, apple, bath, please, thank you and shoes. I need to teach him more signs because he likes being able to communicate and its fun to see him learn.
Jonah is definitely our most cuddly child. He gives hugs and kisses freely and will snuggle often- even with the kids. Malik can always count on a hug from Jonah when he gets home. Jonah also helps me to wake the twins up for school in the morning. I tell him that its time to wake up the kids and he runs to one of their rooms, climbs up on whoever it is and starts shaking him/her. Somehow they find it easier to wake up to Jonah smiling than to Mom nagging.
Things Jonah loves:
helping mom with the dishes
playing piano
riding the vacuum
hide & seek/ peek-a-boo
being chased by siblings
taking baths & splashing
emptying drawers
candy/dumdum suckers
Jonah has also started asserting his independence at times. If he isn't getting enough attention he bites mom. Unfortunately he has proven to be a bully with toddlers that are about his size also. He mostly scratches and pushes but last week he also bit a little girl on the cheek while at church- ouch!!! He has learned "naughty naughty" as we point our finger then send him to sit alone or in time out on mom's lap (which the doctor claims that he can understand) Of the other kids only Zipporah was a biter and it was mostly to Miles. Hopefully its a phase he grows out of quickly. He really is a sweet boy, I promise.
4 comments:
I think Jonah is doing great! He is such a cuttie and such a good helper! Time flies buy!
I agree that my little Jonah is the best little hugger. He usually such a happy toddler. I have a picture of him and Niyah laughing together. I put it by my desk at school and every time I'm having a bad day I look at that picture and it brightens my day!
Hey, that previous comment is from Grandma Marx not Aunt Karen - what happened?
Jonah is such a cutie! Wow - he knows a lot of signs. I can't believe our kiddos are 18 month! I'm also glad that you were able to resolve the "locked in your house" issue!
Post a Comment