Don't worry, we have not dropped off the face of the earth. In August our trusty laptop computer died and with it our chances of internet connection. So I guess it was like dropping off the face of the earth for a little while. At least its the excuse that I give for only taking second place in our fantasy baseball league this year instead of bringing home the trophy. (watch out boys, next year I'm taking it all!!!)
So a quick recap of the last few months would look like this....
Beginning of August- camping, potty training and lots of carpet cleaning ;)
End of August- Kids starting 2nd grade, Jonah sick (bad cold)
Beginning of Sept.- Jonah getting better but Mom catching sickness, Miles soccer
End of Sept.- Jonah walking and Mom still sick, Zipporah start Girl Scouts, Kids primary program at church
Beginning of Oct.- Mom still sick but finally goes to doctor for antibiotics (stubborn Mom)
End of Oct.- Excited for Halloween and the sugar rush to follow
Ok, so this is an extremely slimmed down version of what goes on around here but no point dwelling on the past. :) One REALLY sad story in all of this is that I may have lost a ton of pictures with the computer crash and losing an external hard drive. I can't write much about it because it still gets me choked up thinking about it.
I haven't given up hope that the pictures can be recovered but in the meantime Malik is leary of letting me put new photos on the new/used hard drive that my brother got for us. What do you do with all those digital pictures?? Are they just sitting on your computer taking up precious memory? I urge you to at least save them to disks to avoid my pain. (How many times did I say that I was going to save them and didn't?) So for the time being there are no pictures to add to the blog- boring I know, I might as well be Malik posting. If only I were so witty......
5 comments:
I was so happy to see a post from you sista. GOod update. I will try to remember to get you a memory card. Have a good day.
We had the same thing happen to us!! oh it was horrible! :(
Sorry about your computer. But I don't mind reading a post with out pictures. :) Hope you are feeling better.
-Emily
Meliss,
Glad to have you back! The same thing happened to us several years ago. Thus, we have almost no baby pictures of Carter! Sad. By the way, for most of your post I thought you were Malik. You can be funny and do a fabulous post even without pics.
Hey, sorry about your news! Welcome Back!
This happened to me, twice, and I have a really good computer guy if you need it...he got all my pictures, fonts...everything off for us...
Good Luck!
Post a Comment