Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Starting up again

So I have this friend Ninja Mom (her undercover internet name) and I love to visit her blog. She updates regularly and shares short little snippets into their lives. I feel like I know them better and love to see pictures too. I want my blog to be like that!!! I struggle with consistency when it comes to "journaling" in the formal sense, but I am making a re-committment to be better. If she can do it with five kids (four of which are in diapers) and one still on oxygen--- then I can do it right? Here's hoping............

EASTER PICTURES

Above: After the Easter Egg/Candy Hunt at Grandma Marx's house. (and no, Peyton's shiner was not cause by one of our kids this time)

Below: The kids dressed up for Easter Sunday services (Jonah napping)




This year we colored SEVEN dozen eggs!!! I think that Parker did the most because he would dip it for a couple seconds and be ready for a new one. With our colored eggs, we carried on the Miller tradition of rolling them down a desert hill. Good times.............





Above: All of my kids look forward to the malt balls that double as lipstick. Parker got way carried away this year.

Below: Here is a picture of my diaper boys. I am giving the potty training a rest for awhile because I am frustrated and a little lazy (lets face it, potty training is an all consuming endevour). I mainly posted this pic to show you how long Parker's hair was before we had it cut. I love his curls but he wasn't letting me comb it any more and I love the new do.



Grandma Babe came to visit us for almost a week in April. She is not one to take it easy while visiting either. Once she arrived she was cleaning and starting projects that included re-caulking the bath tubs and decorating the living room. She asked "Aren't you allowed to hang pictures on the wall here?" I just explained that we have only lived here 8 months and it usually takes a year to start hanging things. :) We really love Babe and felt that her visit was far too short! (thanks Mary for arranging the ticket for her visit)








I've got so many cute pictures of Jonah that its hard to narrow it down to just a dozen :) His newest trick is drinking with a straw.


This picture was taken in March but its one of my favorite pictures of the kids together. I like it because everyone is looking AND smiling. (Miles thought bunny ears was hilarious)

6 comments:

Patty and Kevin said...

I love the pictures! You've got the cutest kiddos.

Jessica said...

They are so cute, and have grown up so much since I last saw them. I love the tradition of the egg rolling. How fun. I am hope all is going well for you guys!

Stephen and Heather said...

Your kids are so cute and I also love that last picture of your kids. I love when you can get all the kids looking and smiling. You wouldn't think that it would be so hard but for some reason it only happens once in a while.

Karen said...

I love the blog update. I love to read your blog Melissa. your kids are cute, I agree. Jonah is growing up so fast. I like the last picture with the bunny ears. Is Parker trying to do bunny ears too?

Tawnya said...

Oh your kids are just adorable. I just love that last picture of smiley Jonah!

RainSplats said...

Oooooh - can Johan come teach Angel how to use a straw? She just doesn't get it.

7 dozen eggs??? oh my! Did you eat em all? Once my kids get sick of them, we make deviled eggs which they gobble up.

There's a super secret trick to blogging regularly - check your facebook inbox ;)