Wednesday, March 18, 2009

TAG your it!

I'm trying to catch up on my FB tags and my wife tags me on our own blog. I also need to finish a letter to my grandmother and my grandfather's wife, not to mention the email I owe Crystal, and blah blah blah. Anyway this was the quickest of them to finish.

1) Post rules on your blog
2) Answer the six '8' items
3) Let each person know by leaving them a comment.

8 favorite TV shows: I can’t stand television and I’m fixin’ to delete a bunch of channels that my father programmed onto our t.v. the last time he was here. Some sort of punishment of his I guess. Mostly I don’t like television because I wasted so much of my childhood on it. But If I was a t.v wathcher here’s what I’d want to watch

1. Kitchen/Dinner Impossible (I’ve never seen it but it sounds like my daily life only with television ratings - I kid you not I have one catering manager (whom I enjoy dearly by the way) who comes to me with pictures and says, "can we do this?" and I make it happen!)

2. 30 days – I have watched this online and I think Sporloch is a genius. Watch SUPERSIZE ME if you have any doubts. I’d love to have him and his girlfriend (maybe wife by now) over for dinner. I’ll have to brush up on my vegan meals though.

3. Cosby Show – Give props where it’s due there hasn’t been anything truly worth watching since this went off the air.

4. Anything with Rachel Ray…another life another time it might have been Rachel Ray-Hamilton! Everytime she says Sammy I want to change my name! JK babycakes I’d never want to be with anyone other than you!

5. Oprah. She’s gone a little “different” lately but again you’ve got to give props she’s Oprah and I love her.

6. A bunch of things on Food network

7. Kitchen Nightmares (I like Hell’s Kitchen but I think this one is better)

8. Buffy the Vampire Slayer I hate to admit this but I watched a bunch of episodes on line once and got hooked.

8 Things I did yesterday:
1. Let’s see I went to work
2. I worked on the new catering menu that should have been done months ago
3. I came up with the idea to put coconut mousse with pineapple upside down cake as sort of a Mormon nod to the pina colada. Today I came up with a carrot cake with pineapple cheesecake layers and decorated with pistachios!
4. I served Smoked Pork Tenderloin with lobster cakes a mushroom ragout and a cilantro lemon sauce (could have gone with out the last sauce though I’ll have to rework that plate.)
5. I questioned the authenticity of my happiness
6. I fired up the Bar-B and let my wife cook me a fabulous Turkey Kielbasa with grilled onions and a stellar dog sauce of my own making.
7. I had an awesome sword fight with my two oldest boys with two rubber spatulas and a plastic ladle.
8. Found joy in my oldest children’s wish list – my favorites (I wish I had an IPOD from Cissy who later admitted to not knowing what an IPOD is and I wish I could go to the top of the Food Pyramid from Bubba who is not so happy about our new healthy eating plan)

8 Things I'm looking forward to:
1. Financial Independence
2. Owning my own business
3. The Big Daddy Weave Concert Next Week (still don’t know if I gat/am going though)
4. Buying another Louis Giglio DVD (I want to be him when I grow up)
5. My Sunday School Lesson - I love teaching my class
6. Seeing my Tammy again someday
7. My next great meal
8. Writing a cookbook with my sister-in-law as the photographer (she’s got mad skills and could make a cow turd look like a five-star meal.)

8 favorite restaurants: Thankfully (and sadly) I haven’t eaten at that many noteworthy places so this will be easy. P.S. My wife’s Denver Restaurant is call Casa Bonita

1. Western Culinary- Portland, OR – I’ll agree with my wife here the most amazing 20 bucks I ever spent.
2 Deerpark Restaurant at the Biltmore Estate in Ashville, NC.
3. Grapevine; Logan, UT – Again in agreeance with my wife
4. Mesa Grill, Caesar’s Palace, Las Vegas Nevada (The food here was so amazing I tasted GRITS that I liked)
5. Piccola Roma – Annapolis, MD I’ve eaten here twice and it was divine both times AND the waiter remembered my order from the first time a month or more later!!!!!!!
6. B. Smith’s, Washington, D.C. – I was there for brunch so it wasn’t anything spectacular but it was cool to be there.
7. Red Rock Brewing Company, SLC, UT. Someday I’ll eat at a different restaurant in SLC but not today!
8. Aromas. If you never ate there you were missing out. It was good eats. (Yeah now that I’m three years removed from the heartache I have to admit my restaurant was great. The menu (which I stupidly deleted all copies of into oblivion and can only hope my good wife kept a copy) was well thought out and full of flavor.) I think I proved I could make in the bigs, now I just need to get another call up from the minor’s.

8 Things on my wish list:
1. A clean and organized house/life. (I want my wife to be happy)
2. A dream house where the main floor consists of a large spacious dining room with an amazing view, a ornate foyer, and a big kitchen (oh and a public restroom) okay yeah basically I want the main floor of my house to be a restaurant. Nothing else matters!
3. Road trip to see all the MLB parks (see it’s things like this that prove Liss and I were MFEO)
4. To go on half a dozen or so culinary excursions to places like, NY, Boston, Vegas, Paris, Italy, Greece, South America, Mexico, etc, etc (I guess that’s already more than half a dozen)
5. To fly my wife somewhere romantic for dinner and a show or a ball game. Just for the night!
6. To write a book
7. I could approach more evangelicals without fear they would dismiss me because of my faith and that I could be a baptist preacher
8. To ride a bull!

8 people I tag:
1. Crystal
2. Jennifer
3. Christy G.
4. Camille
5. Trina
6. Jessica B.
7. Tammy P-H
8. TAMN (I know she secretly lurks on this blog. She’s afraid the “So Stinkin’ Awesome” train is going to run her down! J)

3 comments:

Camille said...

Should I consider myself tagged... or is there another Camille who reads your blog? :)

Mamalissa said...

Yes, Camille K. that means you. Its not like the most overly used name out there. We have yet to make friends with another Camille down here. :)

Camille said...

I'm so flattered! I just couldn't believe it could be me! I've finally posted my answers...