Saturday, February 21, 2009

Twilight Tale

So I finally made it to the discount theatre to see Twilight. I wanted to see it sooner but couldn't convince Malik to go with me. I ended up going with my friend Lisa who had already seen the film (even though she didn't read the books). So my question is, why did everyone love the movie so much? I can't say that I disliked the movie but it just wasn't that great. I wasn't impressed with the acting and the show seemed rather choppy from scene to scene. Its not that the actors were wrong for the part- they just didn't execute very well. It always hard to live up to a widely popular book but this didn't even come close for me. I was more impressed with The Secret Life of Bees (but we are also fans of Queen Latifah). The actress who played May was awesome! That is one that I recommend- both movie and book.

Seeing the Twilight movie has made me want to finish reading the series though. I haven't been able to get a hold of the last book- Breaking Dawn. When we were in Logan I could always count on Jessica to supply me with the latest new release. She would read it in 1-2 days and then send them my way (miss you Jess). I would get on the list at the library but I'm not currently in good standing with the library. Something about losing a Charlie Brown DVD or something.....

I want to post pictures and a video of the kids Patriotic Program from school but it will have to wait until next week. Malik informed that he is taking the computer with him to his work conference in Las Vegas. The kids and I have been talking about his "vacation" for awhile. He insists that it is work but we know better. :)

4 comments:

Karen said...

Good blog post sister! I had a hunch you would post today. I am glad that you were able to see Twilight. Sorry it was not as great as you had anticipated.

Malik, can VEGAS really ever count as a work trip?

Sterling said...

Just so we are clear this is your brother Sterling commenting in hopes of getting something fabulous from you. Have a fantastic day!

Becky said...

Hey Melissa, I too was diappointed with the movie (Book is always better) It was choppy and it left many important vampire details out!

Becky said...

Hey Melissa, I too was diappointed with the movie (Book is always better) It was choppy and it left many important vampire details out!