Thursday, October 23, 2008

Help Wanted: Personal Assistant Needed ASAP

There was a time in my life when I felt fairly organized. I could set a paper down and a few days later still be able to find it in the exact place where I left it. That of course was before getting married and having children. Now I can't find anything two hours after I take possession of it!!! I have struggled with my organizational skills for awhile now (the twins are six so I guess its been that long) but this week tops the cake. To begin, I thought that the mortgage was taken care of for Oct. but when Malik checked the online banking we realized that it wasn't. After some searching I found the payment envelope sealed, stamped and sitting on the van floor. I have also misplaced my new library card and can't find various insurance papers that need my immediate attention.

So if anyone out there volunteers to become my personal assistant, I would be eternal indebted to you. The pay is lousy- it would be the same as the personal chef (me) and the laundress (me) and the housekeeper (me also). But think of the sense of accomplishment you would feel in turning a mother from being "on the edge" to one that can actually find her car keys when she needs them.

2 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Amen! I need one too!

Stephen and Heather said...

I am glad that someone else feels that same way I do.