Truthfully though I'm just up in the pre-dawn hours before Jonah's blessing. I'm curious what it will be like. For every kids blessing I've spent time thinking about the actual blessing and thinking of what things the Lord might have me say. It's always interesting to see the difference between what I've thought of in the weeks leading up to the blessing and the things that are actually said. Often the Spirit prompts things I never even thought of before that moment and usually about 99% of the things I did think of before hand never come to mind until I've sat back down.
With Jonah having been such a miracle and a blessing in our lives I just can't imagine what blessing the Lord has for him. I think sometimes that the Lord could just have taken this little boy Home and he would have been a perfect addition to the Heavenly host. And even with his continued oxygen needs I just look at that little boy and see nothing but blessings. It has actually crossed my mind that it might be more appropriate today for me to give Jonah the name and have someone else (me or mamalissa perhaps) get the blessing. I just don't see where he needs a blessing he is so stinkin' blessed already! :-) I know mamalissa is ready for him to be off oxygen and he is less congested when he's off of it but I already know of this young boy that if he ends up being on oxygen for the rest of his life he will have such a great life to lead and he will touch so many lives it is just mind boggling.
Makes me think of the scene in School Ties (1992)My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
-2 Corinthians 12:9-10
Dr. Bartram: ...and the
meek shall inherit the earth.
David Green: I wonder how
meek they'll be when they do, sir.
I just can't see little Jonah as a sick, meek child. He's a fighter and fighters always get their reward.
So I guess we shall see what the Lord has in store for Jonah today. I won't, however, be surprised if I'm prompted to give him a name and close with an amen. How can you adequately bless an angel?
So anyway, it's off to add defeat that Blessed Girl to my list of things to do.
Let me see Things to Do:
- Work on New BYU Catering Menu
- Work on New BYU Wedding Package Menu
- Work on New Cougareat (BYU) Freschetta Calzone
- Write WSC (BYU) Kitchen Training Manual
- Have training meeting
- Fine Tune ordering system
- Help put 2000+ recipes in foodservice program
- Be a dad
- Be a husband
- Be myself
- Be a friend
- Make a friend
- Gear up Family Faith Entertainment for Holiday Season
- Gear up for BYU Catering Holiday Season
- Work on BYU Catering Holiday Menu
...Oh forget about it let her be blessed. Drat Mormons!
2 comments:
Hey,
It was so good to see ya'll yesterday, and especially awesome to witness Jonah's blessing. You're totally right, what do you say when blessing an angel?
The lunch was phenomenal, I'm still dreaming of seconds on the roast beef. :) And that pie. Yum.
Good luck with your goals, you've sure got a full plate. Especially keep being you, 'cuz you rocketh!
Congratualtion on the blessing of your little Miracle yesterday!
Since I was in CO and not able to attend please do tell me. Were there any blessings that surprised you in naming and blessing your little boy? Just curious. <3 Wendy
Post a Comment