Monday, June 2, 2008

U of U Post: June is here

Things here at the hospital haven't changed much. I tried to update the blog a couple of times but I couldn't get any of the pictures to post so I finally gave up and decided to just update the news. (Later Malik was able to come back and add the pictures for me.)


Mom and baby are doing well. We reached our first goal of 28 weeks gestation!!!! In the last ultrasound Alesia was estimated to be around 2# 13oz so she is definitely growing. She has almost doubled her weight since coming here and will most likely reach 3# by the end of the week. This is where having big babies comes in handy!


In belated family news..... Grandma Marx and Aunt Karen took the kids to Lagoon on Saturday, the 31st, as a birthday present. Lagoon is an adventure park similar to Six-Flags; it has rides especially for younger kids. Parker wasn't able to go on quite a few of them but he seemed to enjoy himself anyway. The best part of the day was that nobody got lost!!! I think that they are already planning a return trip to visit the water park portion :o)


Malik hasn't been having luck finding a job in Cache Valley and so our search has broadened to other parts of Utah- mostly along the Wasatch Front. He has a prospective job at BYU Foodservices so we are beginning to look at apartments in that area. It all seems so strange to me- I left Logan in the middle of the night by ambulance and when I return everything will be different. That has been the hardest thing for me to accept in all of this.


Up to this point I have been keeping myself fairly busy because I know that it helps to pass the time. However, there are some days when I don't feel like reading or crocheting or cross stitching or whatever. I guess those mood swings are bound to happen though. We have a lot of blessings to be grateful for. Thanks for your prayers and concern on our behalf....


love, Melissa



4 comments:

Stephen and Heather said...

I am so glad that you are hitting milestones and that the baby is doing so well. Keep up the good work. We will also keep Malik in our prayers to be able to find the job that is best for your cute family, even if it isn't in Cache Valley.

Mama Bear said...

I am glad to hear that you're both still in good spirits and doing well. Sorry I haven't made it up there yet, life gets a little crazy sometimes.

I don't know if you've read the Stephenie Meyer Twilight series, but I am sure that those will keep you intertained as well.

Take care,

All the Angles said...

I am soooo glad to hear from you!
I was getting a little concerned!!
I am so gratful to hear that you are doing well and the baby is progressing nicely!!! We keep you in our thoughts and our prayers daily! Love, Wendy

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

The baby is growing a lot, what great news! I hope that you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know that staying in the hospital must suck sometimes, but baby Alesia will be glad you sacrificed for her, right?
I'm still trying to find a way to come down to SLC, although it won't be tomorrow like I had hoped. :(
Hang in there!