Monday, May 19, 2008

On The Home Front: Ant Season

Well today is the first day of the rest of our lives...again.

The kids and I returned last night from visiting Melissa for her birthday. And by kids I do mean ALL of the kids. That's right no mom, no job, and three kids. We brought Parker home with us and so our family is as complete as it can be with mom in the hospital.

We are still trying to decide what to do about the job thing. My having lost my job (actually I didn't lose it, I know exactly where it's at, it's just not mine anymore)in one way complicates the, "let's move out of Logan" issue and in another way makes it more imperative. We've had many suggestions from those close to us (Casper, Colorado Springs, Boise, Provo) but we've made no decisions. Personally my thoughts are Casper is growing but it's still Casper plus my good wife isn't a big fan of cold or wind and Casper is the capital of both. They didn't call it Little Chicago back in the sandbar days for nothing. I love the Springs it is almost the ideal location for me other than the fact that it has a high cost of living and low salary potential. I've never been to Boise other than driving through on our way to Seattle but everytime I research Boise I get excited. Again the question becomes cost of living vs. salary. Provo. Right now Provo is the easiest solution because there is a semi-offer standing in wait for me there at BYU Catering. But I'm not crazy about the idea of being in food anymore. We will see. stay tuned.

As far as how things are going on the home front. Parker's first night at home was miserable for me. He's the only two year old who can take up an entire queen size bed on his own.

We are organizing a game plan with the house which is much needed since the Ants are Marching.

Well, we'll update more later. Watch for Melissa's updates from her home away from home.

No comments: