Saturday, March 27, 2010

Vacation Excitement





















The big excitement at our house is that Mom, Zipporah and Miles are taking a vacation to Disneyland with Grandma Marx and Aunt Karen. We will be leaving on Wednesday and are all kinds of excited!!! This is our first time to CA and Disneyland. I really don't think that you can be equally happy if you get to go every year or twice a year or some other nonsense like that. :) The twins were promised the trip for their 8th birthday which is coming up and Karen and I got the invite because growing up we felt cheated out of the Disney experience. Don't get me wrong, I love camping and roughing it in nature is my idea of a good time. However, this vacation will definitely be different. So if you have any Disney pointers then let us know ASAP. (we already know about FastPass and getting there early)
Miles got a library book about homemade pizza and wanted to shape ours into Mickey ears in honor of our upcoming vacation. Looking back I should have put the pepperoni face on TOP of the cheese but it turned out good and yummy.
P.S. Don't feel too badly for Malik. He has already been to Las Vegas and is leaving for Portland tomorrow. Then in May he gets to go to Chicago and eat at Charlie Trotters all for "work". He also gets the chance to play with his two younger boys for a few days before Grandma Hamilton comes to help him. I'm sure it will be a fun time had by all.



5 comments:

Mom Marx said...

Did you save me some pizza? I started the planning and making reservations Jan. 15 and thought I had plenty of time but here it is! I went when I was about 13 and I only remember It's A Small World ride. No pictures were taken and no souvenirs - maybe that's why I take a lot of pictures and spend too much money on souvenirs. EXCITED!
MOM

Melanie Draper said...

How exciting!!! You definitely need to pick up "ears" at the park for the kids (and even yourselves). But for souveniers by them at Walmart instead of at the park. When the kids were little I bought the Buzz Light Year and Mickey Mouse Light (the ones that spin and light up at the same time) at Walmart and at night when the kids wanted a "light up" souvenier at the parade I pulled them out of the bag and they were ecstatic. They're about 10 times cheaper in cost and they sell the same things at the park. Another cost saving souvenier and fun thing to do is have them bring a little autograph book. When they see different characters like Mickey they can get their autographs. It's a great rememberance of who they saw at Disney. We're going to try to make our way to Disneyworld some time this year. Our kids are due for a Disney trip too.

Scott and Sunny Nielsen said...

I didn't make it to Disney Land until I was in my 20's and it was still a blast. Have so much fun! Wear good shoes.

Peter and Emily said...

Hope you are having fun!!! Thinking of you. :)

All the Angles said...

Well I have been to Disney land a few times since my G & G Haag lived in Califonria when I was a kid. The last time I went was when Grandma died, after her funeral a bunch of us went to Disney land and the Zoo while there in 1998. I am sure you had a FUN trip! Post some pictures. Trying to get back into the blog thing ♥