Friday, February 27, 2009

Patriotic Program

I am finally getting around to posting the pictures and video of the kids First Grade Patriotic Program which was held on February 12th. Each of the first graders had a speaking part, all the boys also had a part in unison "What does it mean the stripes of red?" then all the girls had memorized the inscription on the Statue of Liberty "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be free..." (I was very impressed by this). In between all of the speaking parts they sang various patriotic songs. I was so proud of them for all of their hard work and practicing. It was fun to see them shine!



This video is "Proud to be an American" from the program. Its just a short clip because I ran out of room on the camera. Every time that I hear this song I get all emotional. (anybody else that way?)


I also wanted to post video of the kids singing their Geneva Giants school song. My mom thought that a school song was a cute idea and now she is on a mission to get one for her elementary. Be careful mom, I'm sure its copyrighted. :)


This last video is for all the far away grandmas who don't get to see their baby as much as they would like and deserve. It's a clip of Jonah eating (carrots or sweet potatoes). What a cute boy!

RANDOM PICTURES
(The stamp date on all of these pics are wrong for some reason, but they were taken in Jan. or Feb. 2009)


Jonah loves to try and drink water from a cup. He doesn't like juice yet and isn't always successful with the water but he sure gets excited when I give it to him.


Miles has such a nice smile! One good story about Miles: for Valentine's Day there was a store in Orem that had a free Valentine's card making activity. At the end of the activity Miles presented one of his cards to the lady hosting the event to say thank you. What a sweetheart.


Jonah started crying so I told Parker to go make him happy. He decided that meant climbing into the crib to be close to him. Not exactly what I meant but I'm grateful that he is such a good and loving big brother.

While on a trip to Roosevelt the girls (mom, Karen and Tami) decided to try and straighten Zipporah's hair. Its still a little short for it and I was somewhat reminded of Tina Turner in Mad Max. :) j/k She really liked it though because she could comb through it herself and she begged me not to make her take a bath.

2 comments:

Camille said...

So fun! I am impressed that the school would do a patriotic program. Awesome. Yes, I too get all emotional when I hear that song. Next time I'll think of you and wipe a tear! :)

Tawnya said...

Oh that program was so cute! I am proud too, and I'm not even their mom. You have beautiful children!